The proposed GundiaHydel Scheme with an ultimate installed capacity of 400 MW is located in Hassan &Dakshina Kannada Districts. It would generate 906 MU of energy per annum. The cost of the project is `1126. crores. Techno-Economic clearance is obtained from CEA on 25-04-2008 for Phase-ii (1×200 MW). Clearance from MoEF is awaited.
- GoK allotted the project to KPCL on 06-10-1998.
- Clearances from various Departments of GoK / Get over it have been obtained.
- Survey works of Phase-II is under progress.
- The project 1×200 MW- phase-I was considered for the Environmental Clearance by the Experts Appraisal Committee of the MoEF in its 38th meeting held on 30-06-2010 and decided to recommend for Environmental Clearance noting that the Ministry may consider the report of Western Ghats Experts Committee constituted under the Chairmanship of Prof.MadhavGadgil. The Experts Committee has submitted its report to MoEF. GoK submitted its opinion on this report as called by MoEF.
- Further the MoEF&Get over it has now constituted a committee under the Chairmanship of Dr.K.Kasturirangan, Member (Science), Planning Commission, New Delhi to prepare and submit an action plan drawing a roadmap on allowing economic and developmental activities in the Western Ghats and the Committee held a meeting on 21.08.2012. As desired during that meeting, the relevant documents are submitted to this new committee. The high level working group visited the project site on 13.1.2013 and MoEF has sought some more clarifications. The details have been furnished. The High Level Working Group (HLWG) under Chairmanship Dr.K.Kasturirangan has submitted report on 15.04.2013 to MoEF, For.
- Clearance from MoEF is awaited.
- The proposal for the diversion of Forest land required for the project is to be submitted to the Central Government. To firm up such a proposal, the State Forest Department is carrying out the work of enumeration of trees in the project area and thereafter the proposal will be submitted to the Central Government.