National Training Centre for Solar Technology
National Training Centre for Solar Technology (NTCST) : Download Training Programme
- KPCL has implemented four Solar Photo Voltaic Power Plants in Karnataka viz., in Kolar, Belgaum &Raichur District-3MW each and 5 MW in Mandya District totaling 14 MWs which are first of its kind in the country.
- In recognition of KPCL's initiative to set up solar plants, MNRE. New Delhi has appreciated the same and sanctioned National Training Centre for Solar Technology to KPCL. It is an Education cum are&D training Centre. MNRE has also released ' 1, 00, 00, 000/- as initial fund for the training programme.
- The objective of the training programme is to impart knowledge to the Entrepreneurs / Developers/Consultants / Manufactures and suppliers of solar Systems regarding setting up of solar PV plants in the country and give an insight regarding the various technologies of solar power, installation and commissioning procedures, design, construction and O&M issues and Government Polices and Latest developments in the field of Solar and Renewable Energy Sector.
- Smt. ShamimBanu, IAS, Addl.Chief Secretary (Energy) GOK and Dr.Bhargava, Director-MNRE, inaugurated the first training, programme on 19.09.2011.
- Till date 12 Batches of training programme have been conducted and 425 participants are trained and benefited.
- The training programme consists of four days of class room training and two days of site visit to local manufacturing factory and visit to grid connected solar plant established by KPCL at Kolar/Shivasamudram.
- A 5 kW solar PV Roof Top Power Plant (3 kW Crystalline and 2 kW Thin Film Technology) Grid/Stand Alone system has been installed on the roof top of Yelahanka DG Plant administrative building for demonstration purpose as a part of training programme.
Updated On:29.05.2018 06:29:17