IT and Computerization
The Corporation has taken a number of IT initiatives to meet its business commitments. Some of the IT activities/infrastructure as detailed below:
- Hardware platform: Provided Blade Servers and Rack Servers with windows 2008 at corporate office and projects. Provided Core to Duo/i3 PCs with Windows 7 and MS office 2010 software and printers up to the level of Executive Engineers and all critical users at corporate office and projects. Purchase order placed for supply and installation of 143 nos. PCs with Windows 8 and MS office 2013.
- Connectivity: Established; OFC connectivity between all major power houses and office complex, Local Area Network and Wide Area Network through MPLS/MLLN circuits of BSNL at corporate and major project offices. Provided internet and mailing up to the level of Executive Engineers and critical users.
- Application Software: The application software developed and implemented are:
- Fuel Management System
- Integrated Inventory Management System
- Owing to many changes in government policies, increased number of projects, KTPP act, e-portal procedures and increased number of spares due to technological changes made to modify the entire IIMS package to suit to present day conditions without deviating the KPCL’s administrative procedures in vogue modified IIMS to suit the requirement of RTPS and BTPS with the following major features and implemented:
- standardized the procedure/functions/ activities performed on inventory management.
- defined the responsibilities / accountability.
- increased the speed of processing of purchase of materials.
- introduced “Material Requirement Planning”.
- to move towards paperless transaction in inventory management
- Cash & Compilation Management System
- Newly developed & implemented funds request & annual accounts schedules of P&L heads & Income tax, work contract tax and Sales tax reports have been modified & implemented.
- Salary & Pension
- Provident Fund
- Generation Management System
- Bank Guarantee Management System
- Human Resource Information System
- Disciplinary Proceedings System
- In-house Training System
- Fixed Asset Management System (Development outsourced and maintenance in-house)
- Hospital Management System
- Projects Generation Monitoring System
- Stores Accounting System(RTPS)
- Plant Monitoring System(RTPS)
- Inward and outward
- Schedule of Rates (Civil works completed, Electrical works under development)
- On-line submission of applications for recruitment of Engineers
- Other software: AutoCAD, STAAD, Adobe software and e-tab are being used extensively at Design offices. Oracle 9i/11g database, Oracle 10g Application server, Oracle Forms 6i and Reports 6i are used for application software.
- E-procurement: Government of Karnataka e-procurement portal is being used for procurement of goods and services as per the transparency act at corporate office and projects as per KTTP Act.
Updated On:05.06.2014 10:52:21